Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chapter 2: Money

Oh. You're back? Honestly, I didn't think I was that interesting the first time around. Well, I'm still playing chess. Exciting huh? I hate pictures taken of me, even worse, when they're taken from the side. My nose is non existent, it's sort of pressed against my face as if I was one of those cartoon characters who's just gone splat into the ground and their face hasn't quite bounced back to its normal shape yet. I also don't have much of a chin. Or lips. Oh, sad day. On a happier note, I have found a chair like I wanted. My knees no longer feel as if they are on fire.


Well, this chess game is over. I lost... to... myself... wait, that means I won as well. I clap for myself and my win. I also clap for myself for being a gracious loser. Hm, I haven't learned the logic skill yet like I wanted, so I'm starting a second game. Here goes nothing.


Perfect. This time I win against myself. I loved saying "Checkmate." Still, a third game must be started, so I'm wiping the board off and resetting the pieces. I think this game will complete me learning the logic skill, so your poor eyes can be spared watching me play yet another round of chess. I win the third game as well, and as predicted, I now have the logic skill.


Hmm.. now I want a telescope, but I don't know where I would put it. I guess that's the problem with living in a small space. I also want to try out dominoes, but again, I run into the same problem. The only other thing I want to do is read a book on logic. I am boring myself to death right now, I'm surprised you're still here. I suppose I am a little hungry, maybe I'll just go do that instead. I also probably shouldn't go on a spending spree since I'm not the richest person in the world.


I have macaroni and cheese in the refrigerator because it's cheap. Well, it's also tasty too, maybe a little too tasty. I put a lot of milk and cheese into the dish. I also add a lot of salt. I like salt. It makes the food taste so much better. I don't like bland food.


Mm-mm. Delicious!


Now for washing dishes. I hate flies. Even more than my appearance. That's saying a lot because I really don't like the way I look. The way flies buzz and try to land on your face drives me nuts. Shooing them doesn't work because for whatever reason unknown to me they always come back and circle around your head like tiny vultures. The buzzing, oh how I hate the buzzing. It's so constant and never ending. I bet they could use flies to torture people. Imagine being in a room, just you and a fly. All it did was attack your face and buzz. I know they say that flies die after three days, but it always seems like they live for so much longer than that!


It's bedtime. I dream about nothing except dirty dishes and a clean house. It's probably because of all that talk about flies earlier. Ew. Right before I wake up, I dream that a yeti has come into my house with dirty dishes and a camera. Yeti paparazzi? Trying to set up my house with dirty dishes and then take pictures of the gross evidence? Is that what my dream means?


I get up an hour after my alarm clock starts beeping because I like sleep. I hit snooze a lot of times. When I get up I make my bed because I like to have things tidy. Yes, I realize flies don't come because the bed is unmade, but that doesn't change the fact that I like to make my bed. Since I am such an interesting person, I go to the bookshelf and pick out Logic: Volume 1.


Ironically, this book is all about chess strategy. The subtitle of the book is Knights vs. Bishops. Funny that I would have played chess first and then read the instructions. Oh well, instructions suck anyway. However, I still want to read the book, at least until I gain more logic skill. I want to be a smart Sim. I guess if I can't be pretty, I can at least be smart.


My stomach starts grumbling when I'm five chapters into the book. Hmm.. what to eat? I finally decide on waffles after debating whether or not to be lazy and just have cereal. I moved to Bridgeport after living in boring, ugly Twinbook while I was growing up. No one there cared about appearances, so in a way I guess I fit in there way more than I do here. I was so sick of it though, everything seemed so industrial and boring. When I saw a commercial for Bridgeport, it looked so beautiful with its high rise buildings and gorgeous bridge over the water. The commercial was to attract tourists, but I decided it was the perfect change of pace for me.


Instead of seeing dead trees and run down metal buildings when I look out my window, I see beautiful buildings with lots of windows, taxis, hot guys on billboards, and at night, it's so pretty when everything lights up. I think today I'm going to go start a novel. I got a random thought that it might be cool to take a trip to France, so I guess that's why I better start writing so I can make money. That's one area I have confidence in. I know I can write things to entertain people. Damn! Burnt waffles.


Grrr... Oh well. I think I still have enough ingredients to make another plate. I'm going to try again and not give in to just eating cereal. Sadly, when I opened my refrigerator, I did not have any more eggs. I guess mac and cheese it is... again. I sigh, but at least it smells good.


Ah double damn. Now my stove is dirty. I wish I had enough money to buy one of those fancy self-cleaning stoves I've seen at the store. Oh well, it could be worse. At least my mac and cheese is edible. Add one more thing to the list before I go write my novel. Clean stove.


I think it would be fun to have a washing machine. Damn, why do I keep thinking of buying things?

"It's not about the money, money, money, we don't need your money, money, money."
~ Price Tag by Jessie J ~

I think it's fun to sing in the shower and since I apparently have money on the brain, Jessie J's song Price Tag pops into my head almost instantly. Library time! As I get on the subway, I immediately regret leaving so quickly. Then when I get in the taxi, I really regret leaving so quickly. I hope I can find the library's bathroom or I'm going to have a disgusting problem on my hands, well, legs. Ew. It was probably that damn cold water from my shower.


When I get to the library, I look around for a bathroom. The first one I see is the men's. Um, that's not going to help me one little bit. I look to the other side, and thank the stars above, I see a women's restroom. The last thing I needed was to have the women's restroom be upstairs in a back corner where I may or may not have made it.


Well, that was embarrassing. The toilet broke after I used it. That really doesn't make me feel good. Oh well no one else was in there so they didn't see. I decide I want to write a science fiction novel called Genetically Challenged, about a mutant girl who is on a different planet trying to get back home. I sit in one of those 'makes me feel fat' chairs and start typing.


4 comments:

  1. Haha, she lives so dirty! Her trait has got to be slob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly, Slob isn't one of her traits. I randomized her traits and she got perfectionist, which is why she makes her bed every morning, loner, so she likes to be alone (but that one's obvious) and I forgot what the other three are. The stove became dirty after she cooked on it 3 times, lol. And I don't know why the toilet broke in the library I just heard her scream after it flushed, and then the game played the sound for something breaking. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Wow she really doesn't have a nose does she? The side pictures looked so odd cause of her itty bitty non existant nose. Poor Nubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I went to the opposite extreme of things I like. I tend to like a nose that is kind of pointy and you know, normal looking. Haha, so that's why I gave her a flat nose.

      Delete