Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chapter 3: Library

Well, hello again. I'm still at the library. I've been here all day. I think it's dark outside now. I'm getting a little stressed out from looking at the computer screen for so long. It's time for a change of pace. Doesn't my hair look like it's made of tiny pebbles glued to my head? I hate it.


I make my way over to the bookshelf and select a bright yellowish green book. I didn't even look at the title, I just picked it because it was a bright color. Yeah, it's not the most intelligent way to pick out a book, but I like bright colors. So sue me.


I'm not sure why, but I sat down next to some guy. Some skinny guy with glasses and a hat. And holes in his shoes. Guys make me nervous because they never like me. He also had a motorcycle or a bicycle on his shirt. His jeans are tight and he hasn't shaved. He's cute, but anyone is cuter than me. I sigh and start reading the book.


It turns out the title of the book I picked out was On the Margins. It's about a girl who is the tomboy in her group of friends. She's not into makeup or fashion, but her girlfriends keep trying to get her to dress up for a boy that she met, whom she kind of likes. A few chapters in, another guy sits near me. I find him weird because he's wearing a scarf and no shoes. If he's cold, I would think that shoes would be the first thing he should wear. Your feet are the first thing to touch the ground, and if the ground is cold, then it just sends the cold straight up to the rest of your body. Maybe I'm mean for judging him, but people always judge me.


Well, this is... awkward. No Shoes gets up and proceeds to point his behind in my direction while holding onto himself inappropriately. He better not pee on me, I was here first.


Luckily, No Shoes goes away before disaster strikes, and I'm left alone again with Broken Shoes. I am relieved.


Broken Shoes gets up and grabs his stomach. He's hungry. Poor guy. I think about putting my book away and inviting him out to get some food, but I'm too shy to get up and talk to him because I don't think he would want to talk to me. He's too skinny and much too cute to talk to me.


I wuss out and keep reading my book, and Broken Shoes leaves without noticing me at all. I'm less stressed out so I decide to go back and work on Genetically Challenged until I can't keep my eyes open any longer. It's not like I have to drive home. I took a shot in the dark and submitted a few chapters to the publisher. I got lucky because they sent me 15 Simoleons through the Internet. I love online banking.


It's 12:57 at night, and I finally decide I'm tired enough to stop writing. Time to climb those damn stairs again. I'm not looking forward to it. You can bet your butt that's why I stayed here at the library all day. After taking entirely too many modes of transportation, I collapse into my bed. I don't have any dreams tonight.


I get up at noon the next day and have a close call with my toilet. It almost clogs. I pick grilled cheese for my meal this time. Look at me, I can flip bread just like pancakes. I feel proud of myself today. Perhaps tonight I won't wait until ridiculous hours of the early morning to go to bed. As usual, I think about buying things I can't afford. Today its a dartboard, portable gnubb set, which makes no sense since I live in an apartment and have no yard with which to set one up anyway, and a new recipe. Guess where I'm off to again. That's correct, the library. Maybe today I can finish my book and start making some money.


The elevator dings and the door opens. Sort of. I step out of the elevator and it tries to kill me by squishing me in between its metal jaws. I push the door with all my might and unfortunately for me, I face plant into the lobby. Thank berry no one is there to see me... I hope, since I can't see anything but floor tiles at the moment. This is so embarrassing. So far I have not seen anyone else in the apartment building and I am hoping this is not the first time I do.


While taking a break from writing, I finish On the Margins and decide to read Game of Thorns. One chapter in, I get a phone call. I find this weird since I don't know anyone. It turns out it is a call from the publisher who gave me the 15 Simoleons, well, 30, they gave me 15 more after I was writing earlier today. Anyway, I'm rambling. This publisher wants to send me on a trip, all expenses paid, to China if I will bring my book there for them to read. I accept because I desperately need fun in my mundane life, especially when it's the all expenses paid kind of fun.


I laughed so hard when the guy in the library got up and stuck his ass in Nubby's face. Next time we see Nubby she will be in China on her trip.

6 comments:

  1. You know, it´s funny. I don´t play Bridgeport much because it´s so laggy, but I recently started to play homeless sim there... reading about Nubby´s adventures, I constantly feel like he will wander into the picture any minute o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That is a funny thought. This is my first time playing in Bridgeport except for the time when I went in and stole a vampire so I could create Tennan.

      Delete
  2. LOL! I loved this story so much, it's too funny. How you write it is hilarious.
    "but I like bright colors. So sue me." hahaha I love how you portray Nubby's personality, even though she's so shy, she has so much sass to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :o) I definitely write what comes to mind for this story, instead of planning out a plot like I do for the other two. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. LOL, this is funny to read. I love the part where Nubby thought shoeless guy was going to pee on her. "I was here first!" I lol'd. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I totally had to say that when No Shoes did that, kind of like dogs marking their territory.

      Delete