Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chapter 7: Love

So.. here I am, sitting with Liang, nervous as hell because I accidentally brushed my hand against his. My dumb insecurities tell me I just screwed up our friendship. To my surprise, Liang smiled at me and moved closer. Oh my berry! He's sitting so close to me!


"Look, Nubby! A shooting star!"

"Did you make a wish?"

"What? I don't understand."

"When you see a shooting star, it's time to make a wish."


"Ok, then I wish for you to always be my friend."

Liang leaned close like he was telling me a secret when he said those words. Wow. Did he really enjoy my company that much? We sat there for a few more minutes and then it started to get chilly. Liang went inside and I said I'd be up later because I had to clean up all the papers that had accumulated on the front step while I was away in China.


During the time I was cleaning the papers, I thought about the wish I had thought of earlier. I had wished for Liang to stay. We had tickets for Shang Simla again because he was going to go back and I had forgotten the book I was supposed to deliver on my first trip. I wondered if we could manage to ignite a spark between us by spending these extra days together. So far all I knew was that I was overreacting because he was the first guy who had ever given me the time of day and I was confusing that for feelings.


After I finished cleaning up the front step, I walked into my apartment and saw Liang with his butt sticking out. Okay, so he was just looking in the refrigerator, but my eyes went to his butt. It was a cute butt. I was really tired, so I took a nap.


When I woke up, I saw that Liang had made waffles, and set out a plate for me on the dining room table. He had just finished his plate and went to wash the dishes. Suddenly the water came spraying out of the top of the faucet. Liang raised his arms to shield the water from going into his eyes.


"Oh, Liang, I can fix that when I'm done with breakfast."

"No, Nubby. I will do it. I was a repairman in China. I know how to fix things. Let me help you."

Liang found a wrench and took the faucet apart. He found the broken rubber seal and put it aside. He looked in my toolbox for a replacement seal. I guess he found one because in no less than half an hour, my sink was in working order once again. Liang even went so far as to mop the puddle the sink had created. Now I really wanted Liang to stay. He was living proof that there were still true gentlemen in this world.


I was still tired so I went back to bed after Liang finished mopping the floor. I hadn't fallen asleep yet, so I felt when Liang pulled back the covers and slept on the other side of my bed. I guess he felt more comfortable with me now than he did a few days ago. I was glad for the extra warmth his body gave off even though we were nowhere near the point of cuddling.


The night of our flight, Liang cooked dinner. I was feeling sad all day because even though I was going with him, I was pretty sure we would part ways and never see each other again once my visa expired. I don't know what got into me, but I followed Liang into the kitchen after dinner. When he turned around after washing his plate in the sink, I surprise kissed him.


I cringed as I pulled back, keeping my eyes closed, not wanting to see the aftermath of my rash actions. I must have looked ridiculous, but I felt Liang touch my hand and I opened my eyes to see him smiling back at me.


"Nubby? Do you love me more than friends?"

"Um, I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that. I don't have to go to China with you if you don't like me anymore."

"Why would you say that? I love you more than friends."

He was so adorable when he tried to speak Simlish. He wasn't half bad at it, but sometimes he messed up sentences. I always knew what he was talking about, though, and I think he just said he loved me.

6 comments:

  1. Ok, well, can't help it....

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, when Nubby got the wish to 'Kiss Liang' I was like AwWwww as well. :D

      Delete
  2. Glad Nubby finally found that one special guy (♥♥♥♥♥!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Yeah, she's lucky. :D Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Awwwww! Glad nubby has some happiness in her life now. That picture with them kissing was too funny though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she has someone to complain to that she hates stairs. LMAO. :D

      Delete