Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chapter 9: Job

NOTE: All righty, let's see if I remember how to do this. I've been writing for my other stories a lot lately, so usually free will is off and pose player is placed and I think... way too much about story lines and picture angles. I'm feeling quite scatterbrained and in a ridiculous state of mind today so I thought... perfect mindset to write for the wishacy. One can only hope that it will not be a complete and utter disaster. *turns on free will, tries desperately not to type 'hideHeadlineEffects on'*

~LateKnightSimmer~



I'm dreaming of designing people's houses. I have no idea why since I clearly don't know how to dress myself fashionably. Maybe if they tell me what they want, then it'll be easier. We'll see how this goes anyway. I'm going to just go do it. I've been trying lots of new things lately so maybe it'll go well. One subway ride and one flight of stairs, thank berry, later, I arrive at City Hall.



I read the job description. Fabric Fetcher. 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Weekly pay of $272. Monday through Friday. I could use an extra 272 simoleons a week. So I'll be spending 10 hours getting fabric for something? I feel like someone's dog, being called a fetcher. Well at least they don't expect me to be designing mansions, because that's scary. I decide I can deal with being the errand dog, er, girl, and sign up for the job. Hmm, now what? I guess I go find someone to talk to if they want their house decorated? I really don't know. I go back home for a bite to eat and pick up Liang. We go to Mick's Master Karaoke where there's a Sim fest going on, and there are some magicians performing. I watch the show while Liang practices making drinks. The girl standing next to me is wearing a skirt that is way too short for my taste, although I'm secretly jealous that she has the legs to wear a skirt like that. I have no idea why the guy next to her appears to be doing the wave.


I wonder if the guy who was doing the wave needs his house redecorated so I introduce myself. His name is Ricky and it turns out I can't ask him about his house so I just make small talk.

"Why were you doing the wave earlier?"

"I don't know, I guess I thought I could touch the stars."


Out of the corner of my eye, I see Liang has come back from wherever he went, so I decide to say goodbye to Ricky for now and taste one of Liang's drinks. Ricky kind of has a pouty face, I wonder what's going on with him. Maybe that's just what his mouth normally does. He is kind of cute. Don't worry, I like my Liang, I'm just looking.


Some girl comes up to the bar and takes a drink. I hope she thinks it's tasty because I hope Liang can finally start working at some bars so we can start making some money. I've heard bartenders can make some serious tips. Especially cute bartenders, and Liang is definitely cute.


"Hmm.. this is pretty tasty."

Good, the girl likes it. Suddenly a guy in a suit comes over and takes the last drink. I'm wondering what he would look like with one of those fake nose and mustache things because his nose is huge.


Liang and I go to Waylon's Haunt after finishing our drinks. I wonder if they have a better bar where he can practice his cocktail shaker skills for real. This bar only had a few things of alcohol, soda, and a blender.


I guess we're out of luck today, Waylon's is closed. It takes way too long to travel in this town. We had to take a taxi, a subway, and another taxi. We got to the bar just as it closed. Either that or it was because Liang has apparently forgotten to shower today and they have a policy against stinky patrons. Nonetheless, we sit outside on the grass because we're bored.

"Look at that star, Liang, it has stink lines too!"


Strange... as smelly as my boyfriend is right now, I want to kiss him. Is that the alcohol making me think that way? Just as I think that, he whispers dirty things in my ear. Whoa, where did that come from? Maybe the alcohol is making him think dirty thoughts just like me.



The night passes without much activity as Liang pretty much passes out after we get home. The next morning, I get a phone call.

"Hello? Is this the number for Nubby's Home Designs?"

"Yes."

Oooh, my first job as an architectural designer! I'm excited that I don't have to go out asking people if they want their houses remodeled.

"Oh good, my name is Matthew Hamming, and I need someone to remodel my laundry room. I'd like there to be a television, rug, and sculpture in the room in addition to the washer and dryer. I have a budget of $4,000. Can you help me?"

"Yeah, sure, I'll be right there to see what I have to work with. What's your address?"

"200 Windsor Drive."


Holy crap. Matthew's house is a mansion. I'm relieved that all he needs is his laundry room remodeled. I ring the bell and a guy with a sash comes out. Holy crap. Matthew is the mayor of Bridgeport?

"Nubby, hello thank you for coming."

I immediately regret staying out with Liang till the wee hours of the morning last night. I hope my tiredness doesn't cause me to say something stupid to the freaking mayor of Bridgeport.


"Please follow me, I will show you to the room in question."

Matthew smiles at me and I follow him into his driveway. I don't know what possesses me to do this, but I ask for his autograph. To my delight, he accepts! That could have gone two ways, I'm glad it decided to work out in my favor. I of course, act like a drunk teenager, putting my hands on my mouth and saying OMG way too many times in a row. Great way to act Nubby, you're trying to be an interior designer, not a starstruck idiot.


Weirdly enough, I still have to try to impress Matthew even though he called me for help. Finally, me bragging about my charisma skill gets through to him, and I can talk to him like a normal person.

"Oh yeah, you have passed the test. Sorry, I like to play hardball when I hire people to help me with my house. Those who are persistent usually get the job because I see they're willing to work hard."

I'm glad to see my starstruck behavior wasn't what caused his sudden mental block towards me. Still, I decide to apologize for it and he accepts, saying it's pretty normal and he's used to it.


I start work on his laundry room and this is what I've come up with. I hope he finds it acceptable. I even put a couch in there, which he didn't list as a requirement, but which I'm hoping he will find nice since he did ask for a tv. It's not very comfortable watching tv standing up.


"Hmm... windows are good. Nubby? Here's a check for your time. Thanks."

"Did you like it at all?"

"Mm... it was so-so. I'm still paying you because you took the time."

"Thank you..."


Maybe he didn't like the couch. I sigh as I walk back to the subway station, trying not to feel too defeated because he did pay me. I felt like a little bit of a failure today. To make things worse, when I got home, I passed out after kissing Liang.

"Nubby!"

What a crappy first day as an architectural designer.

6 comments:

  1. Aw poor Liang, must have been a pretty big shock to see her faint after a kiss *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, either that or it may have given him a confidence boost, like 'Wow, I must be a great kisser, people faint after they kiss me.'

      Delete
  2. Great chapter. *Silently cheers that Nubby's back* I'm excited to see how your wish-legacy will turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Poor Nubby. *sighs* I have way too many hot Sims to drool over in my other two stories, that Nubby is well... last priority. LMAO. :) Thanks for being excited about it. Maybe I can draw on some of that excitement. :)

      Delete
  3. At least she got paid for the job! And I lol'd when Nubby fainted after kissing Liang. That was funny. He must have some magic lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeheeeheee. Yeah, she was dead tired and she fainted, but it was so funny that she did it right after the kiss. He must be irresistible or something. LOL.

      Delete