Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chapter 19: Potions and Proms

For once in this house, the floor is clean, there are no smelly dishes laying around, and water is not pouring out of the sink. Liang is finally getting around to upgrading the sink to unbreakable because everyone else is sleeping. This is a once every few hundred years occurrence, like a solar eclipse. Liang better take good advantage of this. There is the bathroom toilet which keeps breaking, as well as the shower. I'm unsure what the game is counting towards his ten upgrades, he has six done already, but perhaps it is counting things he upgraded in Nubby's old apartment. If so, he's had that wish for way too bloody long.


Liang finishes the upgrade successfully. Thank the heavens above, now this sink will never break again. It's broken so many times it's ridiculous. Or was it just that it was broken once for eighty-four years because no one bothered to repair it or mop the puddle? *shrugs* Liang pulls out a paper fan and fans himself.

"Liang, isn't that paper fan a little dainty for a man of your stature?"

-_-

"Jeez, Liang, not taking anything lightly are you?"

-_-

*shrugs* I guess Liang hates his life. I can't say I blame him.


Liang goes to fix the television which has been broken for a decade and catches Liberty leaving a whoopee cushion in the couch.

"Why? Liberty? Why? Can't you just behave? Farting sounds are not funny!"

"Actually Liang... they are."

-_-

There's that face again. He's got some issues today.


"Thanks for standing up for me."

"You're welcome, Liberty. You are heir after all, even though your nose is freakishly huge. But you might want to do those pranks when Liang is at work. This is advice from a true troublemaker."


"Wow, thanks!"

"You have much to learn, young padawan. Now go become besties with your imaginary friend. I would like to see if we can turn it real and get you a smokin' boyfriend who will always love you forever."

Nikolai is scared of the sink now, after last chapter when it attacked his face with its deadly water droplets.


Bradley Sim notices Liberty talking to the wall and makes this face. At least I think that's what he's doing. Let's find out.


"Bradley Sim, what up babe? Was there a chicken in the bedroom when you woke up?"

"No. But uhh, I think Liberty is talking to the wall."

"It's her imaginary friend."

"Oh... what?"

*make out*

"Ok, I'm better now."


Anyway, Liberty continues to talk to her friend, aka the wall from Bradley Sim's perspective.

"So Dad's a turd."

"Uh-huh!"

"He put me in time out, but I'm going to succeed in pranking Nikolai. I just know I am."


"I think there might be something wrong with Liberty. She was talking to the wall earlier. Just thought you should know."

"Thanks, Bradley Sim."


I don't know why, but Roxie was in the kitchen fake throwing up while thinking of Liberty.

"Roxie? What's the matter?"

"Liberty's hair. I hate it. It makes me want to vomit. We should get her a wig."

"Roxie, no amount of wig can fix your sister's ugly."

"Oh right. I forgot."


Uhhh... speaking of wigs... Nubby is suddenly sporting a new wig that I swear I did not put on her. What the fuck? After Bradley Sim was done talking to her, I left her up in her bedroom. She came into the kitchen with a wig... *scratches head*


Liberty gets splashed by an overflowing toilet and unsuccessfully tries to set a trap in the sink, so now she's sulking on the couch. She has so many negative moodlets I'm surprised her plumbob hasn't exploded yet.


Liberty is on a mission to find the metamorphium potion. It is said this potion will make Patterns a real Sim. With this potion, Liberty hopes to make her family finally believe that her friend is real and that she is not a crazy person. It's kind of funny after I bought them the chemistry station, all the family members got a wish to discover a potion.


In the midst of all the crazy, I had completely forgotten about Liang's lifetime dream of owning his own bar and mastering mixology. He reminded me of this fact by going to the bar and making some party drinks. I have in fact stopped giving a shit about Nubby's lifetime dream of becoming a writer because she's not putting in the effort to do anything towards fulfilling it. Liang actually goes and improves the skill he wants all by himself.

"Good on you, Liang."

"Thank you."


ARGH. Liberty's imaginary friend likes to insult her, and make their friendship go from Best Friend to Good Friend. I'm still curious about how to make them real, and you have to be best friend status for that to happen. I'm hoping this doesn't take a millennium to figure out because Liberty will not be living that long. Also it's taking her forever to discover the correct potion as well. I have to constantly watch them like a hawk. It's exhausting. Nubby keeps getting calls from Matthew Hamming to go on a date, and he's always invisible. I don't even... yeah, I've exited and reopened this save a few times, and Matthew is just... gone. It is certainly the most fucked up situation I have ever encountered while playing Sims.


"Whoa, Bradley Sim, that's cool. Is that what happens after too much wine? Everything starts looking upside down?"

"Thanks. I want to keep this one. Maybe you could put it in our room? Yeah, it's what happens after you pass out from too much wine." *naughty grin*

*dies*


Finally, Liberty discovers a potion. It's the Mood Enhancer potion. She also thinks that she wants to be a magician, so I guess that's going to be her lifetime dream. It's prom night, and this is her outfit. We'll just have to see what shenanigans she gets into at prom.


Liberty gets into a fight because her friend got drenched in punch. Roxie gets into a fight because someone else was talking to her crush. Liberty impressed a guy named Sebastian with her dance moves. Roxie stares at some lights. Liberty's crush ignored her the entire time. Roxie asked her crush to dance, and he walked away.

While the kids are at prom, and Nikolai is doing his homework in the limo instead of attending prom, this guy comes up to the house. He's apparently paparazzi. He's got sunken eyes, and looks dead tired. Maybe he should just go to bed... he looks... bad.


Back at prom, Liberty is jealous of everyone else's clothing. Duh, Liberty it's cause your fashion is just like your mother's, lacking in every way imaginable. Finally, Roxie gets some good luck at prom. A guy named Bronson is getting her punch, constantly. She likes this. Are we sure Bronson doesn't have an ulterior motive? Yeah, pretty sure, considering how Roxie looks. Although maybe Bronson thinks her blue skin is intriguing. Who knows? All I'm getting is text notes.

The paparazzi thinks this house is smelly. Dude, then why do you continue to remain?


Liberty got Queen of the Prom! Why didn't it just say Prom Queen? Wow, really? The whole school must be ugly, otherwise their criteria for Prom Queen must be really fucked up. Apparently this was an underwater sea themed prom because Roxie feels like she is in the sea. Roxie fell on her face while dancing. I guess that punch Bronson got her was making her lose her balance. Roxie gets into another fight because someone looked at her funny.

Paparazzi dude continues to confuse the hell out of me. Yes, Nubby's butt ugly. We established this in the beginning of the story. Why are you still here? You haven't taken a single picture, although I recommend you don't because it will probably break your camera.


Nikolai comes home and complains that Liberty's doll is in the way. Dude, it's a doll. It weighs nothing. PICK it up and move it so you can go to bed.


Liberty's Prom Picture


Interesting. I checked Liberty's relationships, and this Sebastian Striker is now her romantic interest. Perhaps I won't have to try so hard with her imaginary friend... Good, yes, yes.

11 comments:

  1. Paparazzi are incredibly annoying (to me) and seem to ruin the celeb points system, since anyone can get them, practically. Wow...Prom Queen. Congrats to Liberty :) So now the BF race is between her invisible BFF and Sebastian Striker...hmm.. :) Nice chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! LMAO. The paparazzi is messed up. Nubby technically has a 2 star celebrity rating because she did successfully publish one book, but hasn't wanted to write ever since...even though that's her lifetime wish?! Yeah, she's a dumbass. ROFL. Prom Queen, I know right? I was like whaaa? I checked out Sebastian's picture in Liberty's relationship panel, and all I could tell is he's a blonde. I'm thinking she should invite him over so I can see what he really looks like facial structure wise. =D

      Delete
  2. LOL! I laughed a lot in this chapter! Liang has a stick up his butt it seemed in the beginning, but he's around all that ugly so can you blame him? Bradley Sim makes me laugh. I kind of feel bad for him like you kidnapped him away from his fabulous Celebrity life, and force him to live in squaler with a bunch of uglies! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, poor Bradley Sim. If it makes you feel better, I have another save with Bradley and my Simself where we have a fabulous life together just the two of us.
      Liang is... unhappy. LOL, I don't blame him at all. His children are ridiculous, and so is his wife. He's probably regretting moving here and thinking he should have just moved to Shang Simla and stayed there.

      Delete
    2. LOL yeah at first I thought Liang had something wrong with his vision so he couldn't see what Nubby looked like. LOL. Glad Bradley Sim is living a better life in an alternate reality with you. I wont even ask what things you have him do...And true story, every time I see the hangover commercial, I laugh thinking of this story.

      Delete
    3. if Bradley Cooper somehow stumbled upon this page he might put a restraining order against ya! Haha!

      Delete
    4. Jesus, this comment freaked me out. I'd hope Bradley Cooper would know I was just joking. This is just supposed to be a ridiculous story that I wrote for fun. I'd never do anything to him against his will. That is why I call him Bradley Sim in the story, cause it is just a game.

      Delete
  3. Hm! I don´t know what you think, but for all I remember the Striker family members are... eh... not exactly lookers... hey, what about the paparazzi guy? Maybe he is stayin around because he has a crush on liberty, hehe ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... that's an unfortunate piece of news about the Strikers. LMAO. I think I have decided I'm going to be changing the look of the spouses for this challenge because I can't stand this ugliness. I probably won't go overboard and make it so it's like a Sim I create, cause then they would be way too hot, LOL. But probably small things so they're not hideous anymore. Haha, the paparazzi guy went away after this chapter and I haven't seen him since. Too much ugly for him. I still haven't gotten that imaginary doll to be real yet, maybe he'll be a looker, I've heard they usually are.

      Delete
  4. Why the hell would someone you imagined insult you? This really cracks me up for some reason.

    I'm glad her prom proved useful at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! That is a good question. Maybe your mind imagined someone evil? LOL, I don't know, other than it's just in there to be funny because it makes no sense. I was surprised at her prom events, thoroughly surprised.

      Delete